Friday, September 14, 2007

It turns out that I'm a cheapskate...

Who knew?

I was over at Half-price books today and stumbled across one of the later Dresden Files books. I really liked the TV show, so I decided to check it out. Unfortunately they didn't have book one, so I went over to Hastings to get it.

Since when do paperbacks cost $9?

Don't get me wrong, I bought it, but wow it's apparently been a while since I bought a new novel, because I had no idea they cost so much.

It's funny really, I have no problem dropping $50 for an RPG I'll likely never play, but a book the cost of a movie ticket shocks me.

Ah well, I'm really looking forward to it, and apparently I need to get out more.

Speaking of the Dresden Files, I'm totally stoked about the fact that it's being made into an RPG. This is partly because watching it made me really want to play, but mostly because Evil Hat, makers of two of the best RPGs I've ever read are putting it together.

Man I hope it comes out soon.

No comments: