Monday, September 17, 2007

The dangers of loose notes.

Last night, on my way into work, my car was hit head-on by a drunk driver. I have some injuries, but I'm more or less ok. There was some bleeding near my heart, but it resolved itself without surgery and I have a bruise on my lung that make deep breaths painful, but other than that there's mostly cuts, bruises, and the usual airbag/seatbelt injuries.
My car, which was less than a year old, was totaled, but even that's not the bad part. The bad part is that I keep a lot of notes on game stuff in my car. Just interesting ideas or what have you that I write down on what ever is handy.

These were unfortunately scattered all over the road in the crash, and during the night while I was in the ER they all blew away and were forever lost.

Remember that, though laziness may seem to be harmless, I've now lost months of ideas that I have no way of getting back. Put to put good ideas on recoverable media quickly and back up often.

As for me, well, my memory is too bad to really do much about what was lost, but I'm going to hope that I can rebuild the important stuff, or at least remember what it was that inspired me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should keep your car more organized like your wife always tells you.

Anonymous said...

Geez, Jeramy! Sorry to hear about your accident, and I hope you'll get better soon! Your notes would have been pretty worthless without you anyway.

-clash

Unknown said...

I guess that's fairly true. Still sucks though.

Thanks man, I'm actually doing pretty well now. I still have some aches and pains, but I think the worst of it is over.

I'm going to the doctor on Monday, so I guess I'll know for sure then.

I really appreciate the concern.