Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some switching around of games

Beginning work on playtesting the Dresden Files RPG is going to cause a few small problems in my group, most notably the fact that I have too many games, and not enough time. Now that is a very good problem to have. How many players actually complain that they have too much gaming to do?

Anywho, it's going to cause a bit of shifting in my current play schedule. Mostly because I'm too stubborn to give up the games I really want to run, and I've well and truly talked myself into playing Pendragon. Well, I've talked myself and my group into it.

I was a little shocked honestly. I expected some arguments when I broached it as our replacement for Spirit of the Century, but I think sometimes I don't give my groups enough credit, particularly that one. I always think I'm going to have to pull teeth to try something new, but they always jump right on board. It makes me pretty proud of the people we've gathered together. So many GMs out there complain about never playing what they want, and my players always just step up and tell me that they trust me to pick a good game and make it fun.

I love my players.

Anywho, the point is, I'm going to have to do a little shuffling. I talked up the Pendragon game so much I doubt I can back out now, so that needs to be fit in, and I have to make room for Dresden too.

I think for right now Dresden will take the place of the Spirit of the Century game we're wrapping up this Friday, but that really only gets me half the play time I want. I run Spirit of the Century every-other week, and I want to do weekly playtests. So I think the solution there is going to be running two Dresden games with two separate groups, both bi-weekly. That'll give me weekly playtests, and get a few more ideas from more players. For that, I think I'll see about moving one of my Spycraft games to a bi-weekly schedule. Then I can use my Sunday group to help out as well. That's not a game I'm running right now (one of my players is trying his hand at game mastering), so I'll have to ask, but I don't see it being a problem.

That just leaves Pendragon, and I'm not really sure what to do about that. It may just have to be put off until my Spycraft games end, which is really too bad. Mostly because I think my Spirit of the Century players will really enjoy it.

My plan is to actually run two Pendragon games, with two separate groups, on the same timeline, in the same world. Have them follow competing (though not necessarily fighting) lieges, and watch as hilarity ensues.

I could probably squeeze in one more game right now, but I doubt I could do two without giving up my Monday nights, the only night I keep for myself, and I'm just not willing to go there yet.

Ah well, good game ideas can wait, especially for something as good as I know Dresden is going to be, and it's only a matter of time until my Spycraft games both wrap up.

No comments: